Wednesday 18 January 2012

Bridal shoot at Arley Hall - product and places photography

I've been a Cheshire wedding photographer for nine years now and in that time have got to know many of the other leading wedding suppliers in the area.
Ian Lloyd is one of the premier florists in the country, and I've known him for several years.  He runs the Flower Shop in Wilmslow, and asked me if I'd like to create some images for a new advert he wanted to run in bridal magazines.  Of course, Ian knows a lot of people in the wedding industry, including many other photographers, so I was flattered by his request.
He wanted to shoot the images at Arley Hall, a place I know well and work at regularly.  I introduced him to Katie and Lesley, who run Lace Bridal in Hale, people I've also known for several years, and who provide stunning designer wedding gowns.  They were delighted to be asked to be part of the shoot and suggested a dress by Vintage Rose Bridal.  
One of the things I most admire about Ian is his inventiveness.  He's most definitely not afraid to think outside the box.  So, we decided that in this bridal shoot there would be no bridal bouquets - instead Ian would create other object to illustrate his skills, and to complement the dresses and setting.
Here are some of the results:



























Make up on the day was provided by Allysa Moss, who runs Blush by Allysa.  She can be contacted at allysa.blush@hotmail.co.uk.  It was a welcome return to Arley for Allysa, whose wedding I shot there in 2006!
Hair was done by Joe, one of the stylists at Peter Marcus hair salon in central Manchester.  Thanks to you both for all your hard work on the day.  And a special thank you to Roweena, our model for the day.
Last, but by no means least, the whole day was filmed by Craig from Unforgettable Memories, a fine videographer and all-round good guy.  His film can be viewed here.

Please enjoy the photographs and feel free to leave a comment.

If you have any products you'd like photographing, either on location or in the studio, please give me a call on 01565 777186 or email me at info@martinhambleton.com to discuss the project.


No comments: